Early Days In BarabooEarly History of Glenville
An Early Journey Through Sauk CountyI.A. Lapham Describes What He Saw in the Fall of 1849 at the Dells, Lyons,Devils Lake and Sauk Prairie.
The Ferry House By John D. Jones Speech read before the Old Settler’s Association Jan. 31, 1913
War Work of Wisconsin Women in the Civil WarPaper read before the Sauk County Historical Society at the spring picnic, 1919. Author Mrs. L.H. Palmer
Ah-ho-cho-ka (Blue Wing)Written by Dr. F.D. Hulburt, Reedsburg, and read at the meeting of the Sauk County Historical Society, February 13, 1922, by M.H. Mould at the home of Mr. and Mrs. W.H. Hatch.
Col. S.V.R. AblemanPaper read before the Sauk County Historical Society, by Mrs. Eva Lloyd Alexander, Monday Evening, Nov. 27, 1909.
Early School IncidentsPaper Read at Sauk County Historical Society by Charles Wing. July 30, 1908
Early Surveys Made in Sauk County and Some Incidents Connected with Field WorkBy H.E. French, City Engineer. June 16, 1928
Hauling Grain from Baraboo to MilwaukeeWritten for the Sauk County Historical Society by H.H. Flynt, Ewing, Nebraska.May 14, 1914
How Baraboo Streets Received Their NamesWritten by City Engineer H. E. French for the Sauk County Historical Society Aug. 16, 1917
John M. True(Read by R.B. Griggs at the home of Mrs. Frank Avery at a meeting of the Sauk County Historical Society, March 15, 1921.)
Making Maple Sugar on the Banks of Honey CreekPicture of Rural Life in the Sweet Seasons of 1858 to 1875 When Comforts and Luxuries Came from Nature’s Storehouse. By John Rooney, Arbor Cottage, Baraboo, WI. Read Nov. 27, 1911
Merriment Goes AroundOld Letter Is Read and Unusual Stories Are Told by Those Present. March, 1914
Old Time DoctorsWritten by Dr. B.F. Mills and read by City Engineer H.E. French before the Sauk County Historical Society at the annual meeting November 2, 1907.
Read before the Sauk County Historical Society, April 9, 1923
Recollections of the Indian DaysWritten by M.H. Mould for the Sauk County Historical Society.
Further Reminiscences of Ableman, and a SequelWritten for the Sauk County Historical Society by Mrs. Eva Slye Alexander.April 2, 1918
Some Sauk County Teachers I Have KnownA Paper Read before the Meeting of the Sauk County Historical Society by James A. Stone. December 19, 1935
The Charter House, Ableman, Wisconsin - by Mrs. Eva AlexanderSeptember 25, 1924
The Ghoul of Parfrey's Gorge - Read Feb. 13, 1914
The Hop Days in Sauk County - by Hon. John M. TruePaper Read Before the Sauk County Historical Society, January 25, 1908
Published in the Baraboo Daily News and the Baraboo Weekly News.
The Sawmill at Merrimac - 1857 to 1861 Baraboo Is City 30 Years Ago - Written in 1912Early Days In Greenfield - Written in 1908Early Industries in Sauk County - Written in 1910Ringling Brothers Showmen - Written in 1915Baraboo Collegiate Institute
Address: P.O. Box 651, Baraboo, WI 53913
Museum Location: 531 4th Ave., Baraboo
Hours: 12-4:00, Fri & Sat -- Phone: 608-356-1001
Museum open May through October
History Center Location: 900 2nd Ave, Baraboo
Hours: 12 - 4 pm Wed Through Sat
History Center open year-round