The Historic Indian Agency House was built by the U.S. government for John Kinzie in 1832. Kinzie was the Indian Agent to the Ho-Chunk Nation (Winnebago), and he and his wife, Juliette Magill Kinzie, lived here from 1832-1834. The Federal-style house is one of the oldest in Wisconsin and has been outfitted with furnishings and household items appropriate to the period. The Historic Indian Agency House was restored by The National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Wisconsin in 1962 and it was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972. The Historic Indian Agency House is open from May 15- October 15, and guided tours available for a nominal fee.
The Indian Agency House Today
An August event featured re-enactors from the 1820's era